Built in 1876, this glass house was where Edison's men performed the traditional craft of glassmaking, needed for glass bulbs, tubing, and hundreds of other glass implements for Mr. Edison's experiments.
It was during this time that four men - two journeymen glassblowers and two assistants - worked under the watchful eye of a master craftsman named Ludwig Boehm, who was considered quite the temperamental German immigrant.
Ludwig was replaced in 1880 by an American glassworker named William Holzer.
Again, this building lay in exact proximity to the other Menlo Park structures as they originally stood in New Jersey.
For more information on Edison at Greenfield Village, please click the links below:
Edison Fort Meyers Laboratory
Edison Illuminating Company
Edison Menlo Park Laboratory
Edison Menlo Park Glass House
Edison Menlo Park Machine Shop
Edison Menlo Park Woodworking Shop
Edison Menlo Park Office and Library